Tips for Leaving Your Child at Home Alone
It is estimated that over 40 percent of children are alone at home at some time. Parents may choose to leave children home alone to run errands, go to work, or attend social events. Remember these tips the next time you head out without your children.
- Communicate with your children your expectations while you are gone. Go over the rules for your home and for their behavior before heading out.
- Plan to check in with your children while you are gone. Instruct your children to call in to you at set times. You should also consider calling at random times to check up on your children.
- Keep a well-stocked first aid kit in your home. Teach your children how to use it in case of an emergency.
- Discuss safety issues regarding visitors. Establish rules for visits by your children's friends. Also let your children know how to determine if it is safe to answer the telephone or the doorbell.
- Store alcohol and medication in a place that is inaccessible to children.
Whether its money, pet care, or traveling tips, we have all the information you need right here at The Lofts at Savannah Park Apartments in Sanford, Florida. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips!